I woke up at my usual time, 3:35, but with an odd feeling.
I have been meditating a lot. Trying hard to clear my mind of negative thoughts, anger, sadness, impatience; searching for a way to be strong enough to forgive, to feel myself, to stop my mind from the constant, incessant, petulant-child noises that have been pounding at it for so long.
"Seek inner peace": what I have been saying to myself these past few days. It's on my bathroom mirror, at exactly my eye level, I wrote it on my arm, I remind myself every time negative energy comes into my brain.
"Seek inner peace."
I have an odd feeling of calm.
And I say odd because I don't know if I really am calm, more relaxed, at peace, or if it's something else. Something my mind is trying to tell me. Because I do believe in listening to those feelings, in having that "huh, I wonder what's going on, I can 'feel' something different" sound in my head.
And since I feel calm, it scares me. I want to hold on to this strength and not let it drop into the nasty, muddy waters of the cess-pool of my depression.
I want to wrap it in gold, tie it with a bow and lock it into my soul. I don't want to let it go. I want to keep it safe and not let it escape me again.
How can I trust this feeling if it scares me to lose it?
How do I hold on to it, keep it safe and have it follow me, if I would rather protect it than use it for myself?
It scares me to lose it. It scares me to have my soul reject this peace, this calm, this positive strength I feel. It's almost as if it so much easier for me to fight and accept pain and chaos, that I don't know what to do with an odd sense of calm.
"good old catholic guilt"? Guilt at not feeling I deserve to finally find peace, to have bits and pieces of me come together and I'm so scared of losing it, it's almost like I'd rather not have it.
But that's not true. I so want to have peace.
To be myself again.
But who am I really? I've been living this "FUCK-IT-ALL" existence, fighting to defend myself, protecting myself against anything and everything, putting up this barrier to all I see, that now, maybe I am scared of the peace.
Maybe it is in the same way that I'm scared of fighting my ED. Because it's the only weapon I've had, the only thing that has kept me strong and I'm facing the issues straight on, I'm butting heads with it.
I want to hold on to it to because I'm scared I won't know who I am without it.
I'm far, far away from what I consider "being in recovery", but I'm on the route. It's a crazy-ass jumble of confusion, but it's not the same battle I had before.
I can't honestly say "I'm letting it go" because it's not that easy. But the battle, today, isn't in my head. The battle to fight the need to starve, to protect myself, to defend everything inside me isn't pounding me in the head and rejecting what I am trying to do.
But is it really not there or am I ignoring the fight with depression, anorexia, fear, anxiety and keeping it hidden behind a thick cloak of darkness so that I don't have to really truly face it and I'm actually pretending that I am calm.
Is that the "odd" sense I'm feeling? That really, I'm not calm, I'm not more peaceful, I'm not actually "seeking inner peace" and I'm actually just ignoring what I'm trying so hard to find.
I read a quote today:
No comments:
Post a Comment