Friday, August 24, 2012

I have loved...

In countless lifetimes, in many ways, in soul and spirit and skin.
I have searched for honesty without omission, without asking for anything in return.
I have loved you deeply, in soul and spirit and skin.
I have needed to be loved, despite knowing it's impossibility.
I have felt the soul ripped from my being,
Shards of sharp, searing glass deep inside my existence.
I have felt your presence, your comfort and your strength.
I have sought to find an all encompassing love knowing that my wounds will forever carry that deep, unhealing scar.
Emptiness fills me with hate. And yet I love so many. And can feel nothing but numbness in return. I have loved you more than I wanted, I have been scared by the force of this love and I ache to feel its comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment