Thursday, November 3, 2011

My nose is froze...

I feel like a lizard. I'm waiting for the sun to hit the deck at just the right angle so I can sit out in it and warm my bones. 
It doesn't help that the only heat in this house is in the bedrooms. I have the heater at 85, but once I open the door to walk into the living room, I'm harshly reminded of how fucking cold it really is. 

Of course, I can't start a fire to save my life, so the cute little wood stove is just standing there mocking me, looking all smug and defiant. Stoopid stove. 

I can catch fish with a bamboo pole and a safety pin but I can't light a piece of wood to warm my house! Must be the sea in my blood. 

I am not a country girl. I'm thinking my dreams of spending the off season away from the beach, in my rickety old country house, way out in the boonies did not include a wood stove. Maybe I'd have learned to do it then. If I had depended on a rickety old wood stove to bake bread and steam veggies for the geckos, I'm thinking I would have figured it out.

Meanwhile, I'm going to sit out here on my deck, in my purple  lawn chair and soak in some rays. 
Come on sun! I'm rooting for ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment