98lbs when I left the hospital. I had to beg, plead and cajole the staff and doctors that I knew and was aware of my disorder and I was getting help. I lost a lot of weight in a very short period of time and so, of course, it's in all the wrong places. Everything I had worked out to build was now useless and nowhere near where I wanted it to be.
I weigh less now than when I got pregnant with my first child. All during the three pregnancies I was the poster child for maternity; eat everything organic, healthy, unprocessed, no caffeine of ANY kind, no smoking, not even being near anyone who smoked and I was in the best shape ever. Talking to other ED moms, that seems to be the one and only time we eating-disorderities seem to be able to take care of our bodies, if only for the child we are carrying. Exactly 12 months and one day after delivery, I was back to 110lbs. SUCCESS!
But that wasn't the point of this story. Point is, I want to look the weight the scale says I am. I don't want to be above 105, but I want to look thin. I don't care how many times I've been told how small and tiny I look, I DON'T. I want to see small in the mirror.
And Tim Ferris and Scott Sonnon send inspirational tweets my way about life, body and mind being all one healthy whole unit and I get on the treadmill and work out with my iddy biddy 10lb kettle bell and I still don't look THIN.
Because it's in the fuel I'm supposed to put in my body; proteins: eggs, meat, fish, seafood...stuff I used to enjoy-if only restricted, but edible. Veggies; spinach, kale, sweet potato, avocado...gross now.
Bean sprouts, empty of all caloric and muscle building value are my new best friend.
I can't figure out if it's the texture of these other foods or the "fat-factor" in these other foods that make them "bad" foods.
But my disordered mind tells me "Stay below 105". Why? I'm happy here. I feel a sense of triumph and control at this weight. Hey, I had a piece of meat, not a serving mind you, but a piece of meat and was still able to stay below the weight I so love. talk about disordered! I wonder if the number is involved in the OCD?
This morning I ran and did my kettlebell routine, and scrambled an egg (part of Tim's plan). Logan was very happy to have had scrambled egg for breakfast. He was in doggie heaven.
I wonder if building muscle and staying at this weight will be a cure for this obsession?
I am so happy here, I like it as far as the scale goes, now let me see it in the mirror.
Scale + Mirror = Perfection!
No comments:
Post a Comment