Thursday, October 13, 2011

Fantasylandia

I don't want a knight in shining armor to swoop down from the Enchanted Castle on the hill and save me from the dragons.

I want to slay the dragons myself. I have my own armor, my own sword, all the gear I need to slice off heads and feed them to the crows.

I would like a knight to help me take off my armor, hang up my belt, help me with my steel-toe heels and say "Wow! Awesome job!"

I don't need a knight to help me dig the trench around my fort, I don't need him to let down the drawbridge, or lug the firewood in.

I would just like him to notice my hard work and offer me a warm spot next to him after I've built a fire.

Knights in shining armor and I have a lot in common; we both live in a fantasy world.

No comments:

Post a Comment