Wednesday, October 5, 2011

I love being a girl.

I don't consider myself a feminist.
As a matter of fact, I enjoy ribbing the whole feminist movement and find it absolutely ridiculous that a woman could feel that heels and hose are a man's way to oppress and dominate women. It's so beautiful to see a well dressed woman and personally, there is no such thing as heels that are too high.

I love pretty feminine clothes. I love putting on make up and getting pretty for my man to look at me and sigh and i have done it and will continue to do it for my man to like what he sees. I love having the door opened for me by a man, I like a man who knows what he has, I like doing his laundry and I like to take care of him.

I can also change my own oil, fix a flat and check the transmission fluid. I can hang drywall, lay tile and fix the plumbing. I choose not to do it if there's a man who can do it for me. 

I do believe that you can subject yourself to your partner without losing yourself and he can own you without dominating you. Just like you can own him. You can give your heart and soul, your entire being to each other and not let that be a reason to lose who you are.

I believe men and women have their place in a relationship without either one feeling less of a person. Men are physically stronger than women, most of the time, but let me see a man carry a child for nine months, deliver an 8lb baby, breast-fed every two hours and still get up, go to work and take care of the home and then we can talk about who's stronger than whom. I personally, can't lift anything heavier than a two year old so I won't put myself any higher than a man.

But why do some women believe that if they allow a man to make a decision, to take control, to show he can care for her, suddenly she is inferior to him. Why the need to emasculate a man just to prove she too has a brain?

Why is the woman "expected" to cook and clean and serve her man just because that's her "role".

I believe that true love, understanding and a real partnership between a man and a woman, involves the understanding of just that, a partnership. I take care of you, you take care of me and we both join together to love, honor and obey each other, without either one of us loosing ourselves to the dominance and control of our partner.

I am not a feminist. 
I will take care of my partner, I will show him how much I love him, I will make him feel like the most beautiful soul on earth, because I know, understand and expect him to do the same for me. And it won't make either one of us any less of a person. It will make us stronger as human beings to know that we have someone who loves, honors and appreciates us for who we are; their equal in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment