Saturday, October 1, 2011

“Not Labeled for human consumption”

Why do I have to believe in “GOD” as the Christian zealots see him in order to be “a believer”? Why is it that saying “We don't believe the same way you do” makes us Atheists?

A religious zealot acquaintance of mine heard me thank the divine universe for something and she said “I don't know what the divine universe is; I don't know anything about Buddhism. What is that? What does that mean?”
Idiot! Didn't your “God” create the universe according to you?

The boys and I were volunteering somewhere one day and we were told there would be a reading from the bible.
“So, what church do you belong to?”
“We don't”
“Oh, you're an atheist. Ok, well, we believe in the word of the bible, inspired by god, the almighty creator and we will be reading from it. Is it ok if your boys listen to it?”

I never said we were atheists, I didn't say we didn't BELIEVE, I didn't say my boys couldn't hear the bible. I just said, “We don’t BELONG to a church.” So either I'm a believer in your god or I'm an Atheist.

Why can't I just believe that the only way to live my life, is knowing that I must be true to myself, that my actions cannot be guided by ill-will or the intentional harm of another? I don't believe that your god will smite me down if I curse, (fucking hell, Ida been dead long, long ago!) and I also don't believe that your god would teach “Love one another as I have loved you, unless you believe in something other than what I believe in”
Why can't I just believe that I must be held accountable to a higher power no matter what you wish to call it? Why can't my daughter pray to Jesus, one son believe in manifesting his own destiny and another son believe that trees have feelings?

My youngest just started going back to public school.  I’m not happy with the school or his teacher and he’s well aware of my feelings. I told him that when his teacher asked him what religion he was he should say “child of the earth.”

“What do I say we believe in?”

“Accountability”

No comments:

Post a Comment