Sunday, September 11, 2011

3:36

It used to be 3:35.
Now I’m getting an extra minute.
Thank you Great Wide Open.
I’m listening. I’m ready to hear what you have to say.  I’ve been listening for years and I still can’t hear you. 
A little louder please? What are you saying to me?

What does it matter what came before? I’m listening now. I want to hear.
I’d love to understand. Make me. Make me understand.

3:36.
Is this all there is?
I believe. I’m opened to whatever you have for me.
And I empty my mind and listen…
And all there is is this.
I’ve been ready for years. I’ve wondered and questioned and known you were there, but I still can’t hear you.

3:36.
If I’m opened to you and I know you’re there, why can’t I hear you?
Am not supposed to? Do I have to wait another lifetime because this one didn’t come out right?  How could it not? This one works.  It works for me.  It’s beautiful and rich. I know who I am.  You remind me every day.
Is that it?

3:36
To remember who I am. To thank you for this lifetime.  For all the pasts and all I have and anything you want to throw at me.
Now I understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment