Thursday, September 8, 2011

Make me understand



You, who calls me unscrupulous,
You, who says I have no morals,
You, who pretends to be so pious,
You, who shamed yourself by showing the world how nasty you can be,
You, who judges.

You, who calls me useless,
You, who hides from your anger,
You, who blames,
You, who relishes the pain of others,
You, who judges.

You, who don’t know me, 
You, who says “how dare you?”
You, who judges.

Make me understand. Make me understand why you point your finger, spit in my face, criticize, blame, judge.
Can you look inside your soul and call yourself scrupulous? Are you free of immorality? Can your soul cry out “Yes! I am this good, this mighty, this wonderful, so much better than you.”? Can you feel shame for your anger? Can you ask for forgiveness for the hurt you have caused? Can you see your soul?

You, who dares to judge. Make me understand. Can you find yourself? Are you free of blame? Do you enjoy your anger and hatred?
You, who truly want to believe you can judge me.
Look inside your soul, can you look without fear? Do you believe who you are?

Let others believe you are noble.  Let them believe you are good and moral and compassionate and have scruples. Let them think you are so caring and straight and free of all blame. Make them understand.

I stand strong. I can look inside my soul and not be afraid of what I see.  I can see the shame, the guilt, and the hurt. I can face who I am.
I can see myself. I know who I am.  
I don’t have to make you understand.
Look deep into your soul and when you can face it without fear, then you will be who you pretend to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment