Thank you
For being strong enough to say, “Ma, I miss you.”
Thank you
For being confident enough to say, “Mom, YOU do it for me!”
Thank you
For still being innocent enough to say, “Yes Mommy, just you and me.”
Thank you for trusting me enough to know you can get mad at me. For knowing we both just have to figure it out before the day gets any older and we both so badly want to fix it.
Thank you for knowing you don’t have to say “Yeah mom, I love you too”, just because. Because you are confident enough to know that I will still love you when you unlock the door you just slammed and turn off the music you have on so loud and walk around near me trying to figure out if I know you’re back.
Thank you for finding footsteps to figure out that it’s okay to start asserting your independence. And you become a little fresher and a little sassier and a little bit cockier and you still want to do whatever mommy wants, any where, any time, no matter what.
Thank you for trusting me enough to show me how much you hurt. For showing me the depth of your pain. For trying so hard to fix mine.
Thank you for understanding that this was the moment we needed to pull together and you forgot to be mad and held all our hands.
Thank you for showing how scared you were but you knew that your tiny little hand would be held by a two bigger, stronger ones.
Thank you for the amazing love, patience and understanding you have for each other.
For having the knowledge that you can fight with each other, but never, ever giving up on each other and always, always standing together even if it means standing against me.
Thank you for a love that has no end, that knows no distance, that never fails, that has no explanation.
Thank you for honoring me with your presence, for your courage, for giving me strength, for knowing I’m trying, for allowing me to lose my way, for forgiving me when I’ve figured my way back.
Thank you for being.
No comments:
Post a Comment