Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Weightless

I have felt my life shattered with too many words and have known my life end in that instant. I have felt my soul taken from my being and had my life drained from who I was. I have covered that pain with countless lies and dragged the knife of those words with me always.  

I have felt the weight of brown steel forced against my forehead and seen the vileness of the hatred in a pair of eyes. I have felt the grainy contact of the walls around me as anger slammed into my body. I have felt terror and despair as fists showed me their strength. 

I have felt life move inside of me and heard a heartbeat from my womb and knew it would fill my life with beauty. I have felt the bliss of birth and stared down at that miracle and captured that moment forever. I have been marveled at what that life has become and have been intoxicated by its presence.

I have felt a soul on my skin and emptied my pain into it and have touched the truth of my being. I have known trust in just one word and looked into its eyes and have wrapped my understanding in it.

I have lived.

No comments:

Post a Comment