Monday, September 12, 2011

And in the end...

I loved you
I held your hand and gave you everything I had and believed everything you said. I ran my fingers through your hair and knew you’d always be the one. And it wasn’t enough.

I trusted you.
I told you everything. I bared my soul. And what you did with it, I allowed you to do. I let you use it for your power. I let your insecurities and your hate come out in the things I said to you. I let you have that power.  I wanted you to see me. To know who I was. I wanted you to understand. And it wasn’t enough.

I lied to you.
I pretended I was who you wanted to see. I let you believe what you wanted to, because it worked for me and what I was looking for. I tried so hard to pretend that was me. I wanted to be who you thought I was. And it wasn’t enough.

And all of you are different and none of you can be compared. But in the end it’s all the same, not enough, too much, nothing at all.

And I’m still here.

No comments:

Post a Comment